Sharon Leary is the Director of the New Life Christian Preschool and utilizes her twenty plus years of experience in Early Childhood Education to ensure a safe and loving environment, where children feel free to learn and grow.
New Life Christian Preschool is a licensed, Keystone Stars, non-denominational Christian School. We are an equal opportunity provider open to any child between the ages of 3 and 6 years old who is toilet-trained. Our program is tailored to meet the needs of the whole child.
We Seek To:
- Create an atmosphere where each child feels appreciated, secure and loved. We understand that we are helping to develop the whole child.
- Develop in each child a love for learning, thus learning is always associated with fun. We believe this is necessary for the success of his or her future education.
- Develop in the child, a positive attitude towards learning.
- Make the child aware of God, His love for each child and His interest in the child’s life. The use of puppets, Bible stories, flannel graph, movement and music, art projects and take-home papers help to reinforce the faith that is being developed in each child.
We understand that a parent’s main reason for choosing a preschool is to ready their child for kindergarten. Our program’s goal is the same – to prepare each child socially, academically, and physically for their formal education.
Social Development - Free play, cooperative games, show and share, taking turns, snack and lunch interaction.
Physical Development - Outdoor play, music movement, self-help skills (buttons, zippers, shoe tying, buckles) fine motor skills.
In addition to our kinder-prep program, we also offer at no extra cost
Music - A sequential program that includes music appreciation, theory, voice development and exposure and experimentation with instruments.
Gym - Music movement and organized games associated with weekly themes.
Bible Buddies - A weekly class with puppets, dramatic Bible stories, music movement, art projects and take-home papers, that teaches children morals and values.
We are unique and special in several ways:
- We give parents the option of choosing which days their children will attend our school.
- Our classroom student/teacher ratio is low and our center has spacious rooms including separate rooms for art and housekeeping.
- Because children learn and develop differently, we offer a mixed-age class. The advantage - the child learns at his or her own pace; no program, curriculum or age group limits what the child can or cannot do.
Want to learn more? Call the school at (215) 491-4722!